With a nonfiction deadline only days away, only half a book completed (granted, it’s a book for 2nd graders so, word-wise, there’s not that much to go) and a mini marathon to walk, requiring two precious writing days away from my computer to drive to the marathon site and back, I have no business writing a post. In fact, I’m so crabby and tired I had to go buy salsa and guacamole just to motivate myself to write. However, it was while I was out on my munchie run I came across something I just had to share: A Jane Austen quote.
I know, I’m ScifiWriterMom, right. But I love Jane Austen novels. I admit it, I have a huge crush on Darcy (a.k.a. Collin Firth) Actually, there is a new version of Pride and Prejudice with zombies in it. (Such a lovely cover.)
And you would think I’d be all over that; but honestly, I can see no reason to add zombies to as perfect a story as Pride and Prejudice. Jane Austen’s world is nothing if not alien enough for me—thank you very much!
To close this post, here’s the quote. It’s from my favorite Jane Austen book, Emma.
if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way.”
I had to laugh. That’s me. That’s all my silly women friends. It’s all us sci-fi, fantasy and zombie loving women authors out there, writing about aliens and monsters and daring to take ourselves just the tiniest bit too seriously as we write about silly stuff. But isn’t that why we love writing!
- Quite Lost in Austen (cricketmuse.wordpress.com)
- Inspiration for this post today: http://www.theshippingpointonline.com/
- REVIEW: A Jane Austen Education by William Deresiewicz (austenblog.com)
- The Jane Austen Guide to Happily Ever After, by Elizabeth Kantor: A book review (janeaustensworld.wordpress.com)
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith – Paranormal Kindle Deal (kindleebookdeals.com)